Savory Sweet Potato Hummus
Makes about 4 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, about 1 pound, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Olive oil for drizzling
- In medium saucepan heat olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering; add garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and chipotle, cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sweet potato and broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In food processor or blender, add sweet potato mixture, tahini and chickpeas, pulse until combined but still coarse. Transfer to serving bowl and chill in refrigerator; serve with Udi’s Multigrain Crisps or Udi’s Pita Chips and assorted crudité.