Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese and Fresh Dill Appetizers
The classic cream cheese, local smoked salmon and fresh dill combination is delightfully transformed with a simple twist: fresh lemon zest in every bite.
- 4 slices of Udi’s Baguette sliced to desired thickness
- 4 ounces (120 g) of wild, smoked salmon
- 2 ounces (60 g) of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) of chopped, fresh dill
- ½ (2.5 ml) teaspoon of lemon zest*
- 1 (5ml) teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- ½ clove of garlic, minced
- Fresh ground black pepper + 1 (4gm) teaspoon of chia seeds
- Put 4 slices of baguette on a platter.
- *Make lemon zest by taking a fresh lemon and with the fine side of a cheese grater, grate lemon peel. Be careful not to grate down to the white ‘pith’ part of lemon or it will be bitter.
- Combine cream cheese, fresh dill, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic together in a bowl and set aside.
- Use ¼ of cream cheese mixture for each baguette.
- Top cream cheese off with one ounce of smoked salmon and sprinkle fresh black pepper and black chia seeds to add a peppery crunch
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill of swirled lemon peel