Strawberry Fields Salad
Udi’s bread, white or whole grain
Butter or margarine
Garlic powder(if desired)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1 teaspoon mustard
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
Sweetener to taste (depends on sweetness of strawberries; you might not need it)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place 2 tbsp. of butter into the microwave and heat it on high for 20 seconds, or until the butter melts.
3. Cut the crusts from the bread. Brush the melted butter on both sides of the bread, then sprinkle garlic powder all over.
4. Cut the bread into small cubes. Place the cubed bread on the cookie sheet and slide it into the oven.
5. Shake the tray or flip the cubes with a spatula intermittently to ensure an even baking.Bake the croutons for around 12 minutes, or until the outsides are sufficiently crunchy.
Place spinach leaves in bowl, add sliced strawberries and toasted pecans.
1. Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor or mash.
2. Add vinegar, mustard, and seasonings. Blend, then add olive oil. Blend until creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Pour dressing over salad and top with homemade Udi’s croutons.