Sweet Potato Pie with Granola Topping
* 1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose baking flour
* 1 Tbsp. sugar
* ½ tsp. salt
* ¼ cup Crisco
* ¼ cup unsalted butter
* ¼ cup ice cold water
* 2 cups sweet potato, mashed
* 2 cups sugar
* 4 oz butter, room temperature
* 5 oz evaporated milk
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 3 large eggs
* 2 cups Udi’s original granola
Recipe by Chef Joshua Galliano
Pie Dough Directions
In a mixing bowl, combine the gluten free baking flour, sugar and salt. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, mix in the Crisco and unsalted butter until it is well incorporated and looks like sand. Finally, add in the ice cold water and mix until the dough comes together. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and rest the dough at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Pie Filling Directions
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed sweet potato, sugar, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Then add in the room temperature butter and the eggs. Finally, mix in the evaporated milk.
2. Preheat an oven to 350 F. Roll the pie dough out to fit in a 9 inch pie pan with about a 1 inch worth of pie dough hanging over the lip of the pan. Spray the pie pan with food release spray and lay the pie dough in the pan. Pour the pie filling into the pie dough, then crimp the edges of the pie with a fork.
3. Spread the Udi’s original granola evenly over the pie. Place the pie on a baking tray, then place in the oven to bake for 35 minutes. Test the pie’s doneness by inserting a cake tester into the middle of pie; if it comes out clean, without any pie filling stuck to it then it is done and ready to come out of the oven. Cooking times may vary based on each individual oven.