Udi’s Gluten Free Bread Pudding
* 4 beaten eggs
* 2 1/4 cups milk
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
* 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel (optional)
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 4 cups dried Udi’s Gluten Free Hamburger Bun cubes*
* 1/3 cup dried cranberries (may use raisins)
* 3 oz cream cheese, softened
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
* 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Cut Udi’s Gluten Free Hamburger Buns into 1" to 1 1/2" cubes (this is easiest with frozen buns.)
2. Dry bread cubes on a cookie sheet fitted with a rack in a 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Watch carefully, all ovens vary!
3. In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, orange peel (if desired), and cinnamon.
4. Toss bread cubes and dried fruit in ungreased, 2 quart, square baking pan. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
6. While pudding is baking, make icing.
1. Beat together cream cheese, butter or margarine and vanilla until fluffy.
2. Gradually add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and beat well. Add 2 tablespoons milk and beat well.
3. Add remaining powdered sugar and enough of the remaining milk to create the consistency of thick icing. Use more milk if you like a thinner icing.
4. Pour icing over warm pan of bread pudding and serve!