Udi's Maple Raisin Bread Pudding
* 1/3 pure maple syrup
* 4 eggs
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp lavender blooms (optional)
* 1/4 C whipping cream or whole milk
* 4 Slices Udi’s Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread, Cubed, toasted on baking sheet in oven until toasty and dry
* 1/4 C raisins
* 1/3 cup each brown and white sugar
* 2/3 stick butter
* 2/3 cup whipping cream
* Coarse pink salt
1. Whisk together maple syrup, eggs, salt, cinnamon, lavender blooms, whipping cream.
2. Toss in bread cubes and let stand until moistened. This may take up to an hour depending on how dry the bread is.
3. Butter 4 ramekins and divide mixture into ramekins.
4. Divide raisins and gently stir into each cup.
5. Bake in pan of water for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Knife inserted should come out clean.
6. Caramel Sauce: cook sugars and butter until mixture comes to boil. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in whipping cream.
7. Serve with sauce and coarse pink salt on top.