Udi’s Apple, Cranberry and Brie Crostini
Recipe created by Stephanie Clairmont, MHSc, RD at The Clairmont Digestive Clinic courtesy of Udi’s Gluten Free.
Udi’s has the solution for gluten-free hors d’oeuvres with this tasty, easy and quick crostini. Crispy with warm, sweet apple and cranberry topping - it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 2 Udi’s Gluten Free-French Baguettes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, halved and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 wedge brie cheese, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces( 150 – 200 ml)
- 1 cup cooked or canned cranberries, drained (370 ml)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pecans (50 ml)
- raw honey to drizzle
- Prepare Udi’s French Baguettes according to package directions (do not over brown) and set aside to cool slightly.
- Turn baguettes on their side and gently slice with a serrated knife (be careful not to squish the bread) into 1-cm thick rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat an oven broiler to low. Place the baking sheet under the broiler to lightly toast the baguette rounds, about 1 minute. Remove from the oven and turn the rounds over.
- Top each with a slice of apple and a piece of brie.
- Return to the broiler for 1 minute, until the cheese just begins to melt.
- Top with a spoonful of the cranberries, a sprinkling of pecans, and drizzle with a little honey.
- Broil a further minute. Serve immediately.