Udi’s Gluten-Free Turkey & Swiss Baked Monte Cristo Sandwich
Recipe created by Stephanie Clairmont, MHSc, RD at The Clairmont Digestive Clinic courtesy of Udi’s Gluten Free.
This savoury sandwich is sure to be an ooey, gooey family favourite. Loaded with melty cheese, this tasty lunch classic can be whipped up in no time and served steaming hot at the table or cold in a lunch box.Ingredients:
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/8 tsp. or .5ml ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- butter or margarine to coat pan
- 4 slices of Udi's Gluten Free White Sandwich Bread
- 3-4 oz. or 85-113 g thinly sliced roasted turkey breast
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat and add enough butter or margarine to coat the bottom when melted. Briefly soak Udi’s Gluten-Free White Sandwich Bread slices in the egg mixture and transfer to the heated skillet. Cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and toasty. Transfer slices to the lined baking sheet.
- To compose each sandwich, place half the turkey on two bread slices, top with a slice of cheese, and place remaining bread slices on top, pressing gently. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Transfer baked sandwiches to serving plates, cut diagonally in half and serve immediately with the maple syrup or preserves.