Udi’s Overnight Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Bake
Recipe created by Stephanie Clairmont, MHSc, RD at The Clairmont Digestive Clinic courtesy of Udi’s Gluten Free
With a little bit of prep the night before, this Udi’s Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Bake will make for a very easy breakfast the next morning. Awaken your family and guests with the scrumptious sent of vanilla, cinnamon and raisins. It is guaranteed to become one of your favourite things to make, particularly when you have visitors.
- 1 loaf Udi’s Cinnamon Raisin Bread (14 slices)
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup almond, soy or cow’s milk (175 ml)
- ¾ cup sweetened, carton coconut milk (175 ml)
- ½ Tbsp. ground cinnamon (30 ml)
- ½ Tbsp. vanilla (30 ml)
- butter or margarine to coat
- 4 cups fresh or frozen seasonal fruit (950 ml)
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt (125 ml)
- icing sugar or maple syrup
- Cut each slice of Udi’s Cinnamon Raisin Bread into 12 pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, coconut milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Coat the bottom of an 8 x 12 inch large casserole dish or for an extra crispy bake a 10 x 15 inch high-rimmed baking sheet with a little butter or margarine.
- Make a single layer of the bread pieces. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Remove the plastic wrap and bake for about 30 minutes or until the tops of the bread are golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve with seasonal fruit, a dollop of Greek yogurt, and a little sprinkle of icing sugar or maple syrup.