Udi’s Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Pie
Recipe created by Stephanie Clairmont, MHSc, RD at The Clairmont Digestive Clinic courtesy of Udi’s Gluten-Free.
Nothing brings back memories like a freshly baked pumpkin pie. Udi’s signature recipe fills the air with the aroma of autumn spices and tickles the taste buds with the mouth-watering flavour of snickerdoodle cookies – with no gluten. Start a new tradition with Udi’s Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Pie!For the cookie crust:
- 16 Udi’s Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Cookies (about 1 ½ packs)
- 3 Tbsp. vegan margarine or non-dairy alternative, melted (45ml)
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin (500ml)
- 1 cup canned, unsweetened coconut milk (250ml)
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed (125ml)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (15ml)
- 1 Tbsp. corn or tapioca starch (15ml)
- 2 tsp. vanilla (10ml)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (10ml)
- ½ tsp. ground ginger (5ml)
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg (1ml)
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves (.5ml)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Place the Udi’s Snickerdoodle Cookies in a food processor and pulse to form fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the melted vegan margarine or non-dairy alternative, combining well.
- Press the dough evenly into a 9 inch pie plate with your fingers to form a crust, pushing up the sides and pressing firmly.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until crust begins to brown. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce the oven to 325°F (165°C). Make the filling by combining all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and beating or whisking until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into the baked crust and bake for one hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before serving (about 2 to 3 hours).
- Serve cold or reheat in oven at 350°F (177°C) for 15 minutes.