Vegetarian Nut Balls
4 toasted slices of Udi’s GF whole grain bread
1 cup baking walnut baking pieces
1 cup GF rolled oats
1 Tbs Marmite
1/2 large onion
1 Tbs dried parsley
1 Tbs garlic powder
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp sage
1 tsp salt
oil (I use Canola – 1/4 inch of oil in the pan)
1. In a food processor, chop up toasted GF bread.
2. Add walnuts and oats, and chop again.
3. Add all spices and mix until fine.
4. Add Marmite, onion and eggs blending until mixture begins to form a ball.
5. With your hands, roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
6. Fry the nutballs in oil, under medium heat, turning frequently until golden brown.
7. Let cool a little and serve with the pasta of your choice or in an yummy “nutball” sub!