Mini Walnut Pâté Sandwiches with Pears and Arugula
Recipe courtesy of Chef Liz Alexanian, Cook LA
Walnut Pâté Spread:
- 1 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1 ½ cups cooked cannellini beans or 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (approximate 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 16 slices Udi’s Millet/Chia Gluten-free bread, grilled
- 4 large jarred roasted red bell peppers, rinsed, drained, and sliced lengthwise
- 2 large Anjou, Bartlett, or Concorde pears, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2-3 cups baby arugula
To make Pâté Spread:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spread walnuts on baking sheet, and toast in oven 7 to 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Transfer walnuts to bowl of food processor. Add beans, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and 1/4 cup lukewarm water.
- Process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
To make Sandwiches:
- Spread each of 8 bread slices with 3 tablespoons pâté spread.
- Top each with red bell pepper slices, 2 sliced pear wedges, and 1/4 cup arugula.
- Spread remaining 8 bread slices with 1 tablespoon Pate spread.
- Place both halves together to make sandwiches.