Banana Bread French Toast
This recipe was created by @NutritionByMia in partnership with Udi's Gluten Free. French Toast: 1 banana, ripe 1 egg 1/2 cup cashew milk 1 tbsp maple syrup 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1 tbsp ghee 4 slices Udi’s Gluten Free Delicious Multigrain Sandwich Bread Topping: 1 banana, sliced 1 tbsp ghee 1 tbsp brown sugar 2 tbsp pecans Optional: maple syrup for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, mash one banana.
- Add cashew milk, egg, maple syrup and cinnamon. Mix to combine.
- Preheat medium skillet over medium heat.
- Coat skillet with ghee.
- Dip Udi’s Gluten Free Delicious Multigrain Sandwich Bread slices into batter and coat both sides.
- Transfer bread to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat for remaining slices of bread.
- Melt ghee in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the ghee has melted, add sliced bananas. Cook them until they are lightly browned, turning occasionally. Add brown sugar to bananas a little at a time while cooking.