On The Road: A Slice of Gluten-Free Life by Heather Collins

Heather Collins diagnosed with gluten intolerance  two years ago.
Each month, I travel to communities across the country meeting gluten-free fans of Udi’s. I am always overjoyed by the sense of gratitude people have for Udi’s and how our breads have changed their lives in a positive way. Some people hug me; some cry tears for joy, most are always willing to share their story about living gluten-free. I can relate to their stories, because two years ago I was diagnosed with a gluten-intolerance.

Heather Collins
heather@udisfood.com

35 Responses to “On The Road: A Slice of Gluten-Free Life by Heather Collins”

1. Judith Elliott says:

I have been gluten free since 2009. I wasted money (a lot of money) on different breads. Since I bought my first loaf of Udie’s I haven’t wasted money on any other bread. My daughter has tasted all those other breads and spit them out because they tasted so bad. Since I tried Udie’s I haven’t tried any other bread. I like the multigrain the best. Thank you.

2. Dawn Sills says:

Friday, July 22, 2011
    I was thinking I might not be able to eat breads after finding I was gluten intolerant. the Udi’s whole grain bread is great and also many of your other products!! Thank you Udi!!! By the way, do you have a distribution of your products on cruise liners?

3. Dian says:

Love the bread!

4. Diana Dwyer says:

Did not like the cinnamin rolls but have really enjoyed the muffins and the white sandwich bread. Hambergur and hot dog buns would be great as our church does a lot of potlucks with hot dogs and my grange does BBQ also and both have several members who suffer with this problem. Thank you for the products that are out there

5. Dee Dee Meadows says:

I would like to see gluten free crackers with peanut butter or cheese like the Lance crackers. Great for travel.

6. patricia says:

I love Udie,s bread & tell everyone about it and I can,t wait to try your new Fiber bread.

7. Claudette says:

I live in Honolulu and shop at Whole Foods….they only carry your white and wheat bread but no cinnamon rolls(which I would love to try)
    or buns. I have mentioned it to them, but perhaps you could pursue it.
    Love the white bread..I make preserves without sugar and only a tad of agave, so on the bread it is delicious!! Mahalo!

8. paul diel says:

I recently tried your blueberry muffin and they brought back good memories.I wrote once before suggesting that one of Udi’s next items be premade pie shells, I think this would be a big seller.

On a lighter side, I also suggested the large pretzels that used to be sold on street corners for 5 cents. , any possibilities?

9. micky mack says:

I recently purchased the hot dog buns. I have to same I was not as impressed with them like the bread. The buns were hard, it made it hard to eat with the hot dog.

10. Norma Wilkinson says:

I tried your pizza crust over the weekend and just loved it, haven’t been able to find the hamburger or hotdog buns yet but can’t wait to try them.

11. Karen Folgheraiter says:

I really enjoy your bread after all these years someone has come out with a bread that doesn’t need toasted and you can enjoy a simple P&J! I enjoy a great deal of your products and with now that someone would come out with a workout diet using your product.
    Thanks to all you who make it enjoyable.

12. Tracie says:

I love your bread, it is the best and they are hard to find in stores. Now I am living in Oak Harbor, WA and they have no gluten free breads. Grrrr. Thank you for the wonderful breads. =)

13. MARILYN MCMAHON says:

love the bread and roll’s also . have tried the cinnamon roll’s very good.

14. Barb says:

I love your products, but especially your bagels. But now I’m having problems finding them in my area. Never fails, you find something you like, and the stores quit selling it.

15. Barb says: