Gluten Free Skincare

Just like a longer daily commute or a snow-shoveling backache, dry skin is an unpleasant, but inevitable, outcome of harsh winter weather. Finding the right products to battle these arid conditions is never easy, and, for some with gluten sensitivities, this process can be even more difficult. Even though people disagree on the effect topical products have for those with gluten allergies or intolerances, some people do experience physiological symptoms. Keep in mind, just like ingesting gluten, symptoms vary for each individual; so ultimately, you know and must decide what works best for your body. In the meantime, here are some helpful tips for anybody looking to make their makeup bag or bathroom cabinet gluten-free friendly.

Lipstick and Lip Gloss

It is pretty difficult to not ingest lipstick or lip gloss, so regardless of whether you have sensitivities to topical gluten or not, it best to be safe and choose gluten free lip products.

Don’t be afraid to ask

If you have any questions, don’t be scared to contact the company to find out the answers. Additionally, once you find a trustworthy brand that uses gluten free ingredients, stick with them! Some of these gluten free friendly companies include:

<!–[if !supportLists]–>·         Kiss My Face — they list all of the specific gluten-free products on its website. Check out the Green Tea & Gingko, Peaches & Crème and Tinted Moisturizers, all of which are gluten free.

<!–[if !supportLists]–>·        Juice Beauty — all of these products are gluten-free, however the company recommends you avoid one product—the Hydrating Mist —if you’re extremely gluten sensitive. And, the website allows you to shop by your skin type so you get the most effective solution.

<!–[if !supportLists]–>·        Naturopathica — many of these skin care products are gluten free and are clearly labeled on its website. And, with the wide selection of lotions, body butters and skin serums, you’re sure to find something to end your dry skin blues.

Read Labels

Just as you would with your groceries, you should get accustomed to reading beauty product labels to decide what effects the ingredients could have on you. Naturally Dahling has compiled a great, comprehensive list of ingredients that could trigger reactions.

Do you have any advice or favorite products? Please share your tips to help navigate the gluten-free skin and beauty care aisles!

22 Responses to “Gluten Free Skincare”

1. Cassandra says:

I highly recommend using 100% pure, I have found it to be the best Gluten free 100% natural, Vegan skin care line out there! Go to 100pure.com Also for hair care try, Jonathan’s Hair products are Gluten free, Vegan free. Go to Jonathanproduct.com. Hope you enjoy these products as much as I have!

2. Linda says:

I love the Desert Essence and Kiss My Face products, but am always interested in trying new products. Thanks to everyone for sharing!

3. Nellie G. Johnson says:

L dont know that skincare have gluten ,???? wish one please and thank you Nellie

4. Bernadette Darby says:

This is hair care but I thought I would send it. For anyone getting their hair colored, wheat is in dyes but All-Nutrient products are wheat and gluten free. Thanks!

5. Katie says:

I have found using the Burt Bees products for lips, lotions, and body wash are wonderful. They have been something I’ve used for 3 years now and for the last year since my 10 year old daughter was diagnosed she uses them as well. You can find them at any Walgreens or Walmart locations.

6. Wendy McDougall says:

Where would I purchase these products in the Ottawa On. Canada area?

7. Betty says:

MyChelle & Gabrielle products offer gluten free products

8. Nicole Hanse says:

Hi everyone. I am so excited to see that we are truely educating people on all places that gluten hides, especially skin care products. I am not familar with the above products but I am happy to tell you that I am an Independent Consultant for Arbonne International (a Swiss-based anti-aging skin care, Health & Wellness Company) and the majority of our products are FORMULATED WITHOUT GLUTEN!! That means there is absolutely no gluten in the formulation, some companies say Gluten free but they have gluten contained in their products at what companies deem as safe.
    For more information on Arbonne huge selection of products you can visit http://www.nicolehanse.myarbonne.com to read more. Please email with specific products of interest so that I could help you know for sure if they are gluten free.

9. cathy says:

Keep getting emails – with a coupon – but the coupon won’t print -

10. RI GF Mom says:

make sure whatever you choose that you run it through http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com first for all toxins. b/c just because it’s gf doesn’t mean it’s good for you. My personal favorite at the moment is anything made by ava anderson non-toxic. All products promise to be a 0 on the toxic scale (which includes being gf).

11. Charlene says:

What nailpolish is Gluten Free? My nails break very easily. I heard some Sally Hansen products contain Gluten .

12. Teresa Sawyer says:

THANK YOU FOR THIS LINK HAVING A SOURCE TO CHECK ITEMS HELPS ALOT

13. GF Grandma says:

Long before becoming GF I used Sense’ products. Most are GF so I can still use them. All of the face and body products in the Sense’ line are made by USANA a network marketing company (usana.com). Only their shampoo and conditioner contain gluten ingredients. I loved them too but had to give them up. Still looking for a good hair care line.

14. G'anne says:

Receiving this newsletter with your info and link to Naturally Dahling is a "godsend" as my entire back side including buttocks has been encased with hives too many months I lost count. I was practically going through one tube a month of the prescription steroid Triamcinolone Acetonide cream USP 0.1% and 0.2%. Finally realized that my celiac condition not only means allergy to glutens; but, also to cosmetics and beauty products. Now I am on the quest to find an affordable but effective skin care line for older skin. I am in the process of sorting/testing out the creams and treatments from Lancome and Shiseido and Biotherm (discontinued in the US but available in selected Asian countries) I am already using Desert Essence Organics Gluten Free Shampoo and Conditioner. I welcome any suggestions.

15. kristina herrick says:

arbonne international has fabulous gluten free makeup, skincare, bodycare, haircare, vitamins and many nutritional products. If you would like a free sample contact me at my email above. I as well as my 4 and 6 yr old daughters are all celiacs and use soley arbonne products.

16. Marion Hofbauer says:

I use all natural coconut oil on my skin everyday. My skin is so soft & the product is 100% natural. I usually put it on first thing in morning upon arising & cover over with some cotton p.j.’s & in less than one hour the oil is absorbed into my skin. No odor or oily residue. Why use anything else when this all natural & leaves a protective layer of medium chain fatty acids on your skin. It is inexpensive & NO chemicals- just 100% pure & I feel great doing it. Especially good after a shower or use a dry skin brush first & then rub it in. Best thing you can do for yourself -your skin including elbows , heels are baby soft-No Kidding!!! It is worth as try!!!

17. Katie Eastman says:

Arbonne products are almost all gluten free and their web site lists the gluten free products. They are wonderful!

18. Michelle DeVries says:

I am an Arbonne Consultant and ALL of our products are gluten-free and they are botanically based.
    We have GF anti-aging skincare, skincare for under 30 women, skincare for men, babies, organic makeup, vitamins, nutrition, aromatherapy, and more.

19. Taunja Beck says:

Check out Couleur Caramel organic make-up.
    All gluten free. Go to http://www.nat-cos.com

20. Mary Lee says:

Another great GF line is Afterglow Cosmetics. Gluten free and allergy free mineral makeup – lipsticks and glosses – mascara, etc. If I can wear it anyone can. Just Google it. You won’t be disappointed.