Gluten Free Mini Cheesecakes
Surrounded by a new year and plenty of new diet plans focused on deprivation and lonely dessert free nights, we thought we’d bring you a little bit of sweet love in the form of Gluten Free Mini Cheesecakes! If the word ‘cheesecake’ has you cringing and running for your bag of carrots, remember, a new healthy year has plenty of room for health minded indulgences. In fact, we tweaked this cheesecake recipe to include some great protein and lower fat ingredients. As a bonus, these little desserts are all individually portioned so you have the perfect sized sweet treat, without the entire cake staring you down. Try these and tell us you don’t have room in your diet for a little indulgence!
- 1 ¼ cup Udi’s Gluten Free Vanilla Granola
- 2 Udi’s Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 8oz low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups low fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup sugar, or sugar substitute
- 3 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a food processor, combine Vanilla Granola and Snickerdoodle Cookies until fine.
- Add in butter and mix to form a soft, crumbly blend.
- Either press the mixture into individual tart tins or cupcake pans. Press down firmly with the bottom of a flat cup or with your hands.
- Place in oven and bake for ten minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- While the crusts are cooling, cream together cream cheese and Greek Yogurt until very smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt until well combined.
- Beat in both egg whites and egg yolks and mix for two minutes.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the top of each crust, until 3/4 way up each tin.
- Place in oven at 325 degrees and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheesecakes are set around the edges, but still wiggly in the center.
- Turn off oven and crack open while letting the cheesecakes cool inside the oven for an additional hour.
- Remove cheesecakes from the oven and pans and place in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Before serving top each individual cheesecake with your favorite fruit.
Enjoy! Now tell us, do you have any other favorite desserts with a healthy twist?