Brie, Fig Jam and Crispy Prosciutto Bagel Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 4 Udi’s Plain Bagels
- 4 tablespoons fig jam
- 8 ounces brie, sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Sauté onions, stirring often, until they begin to caramelize and turn golden, about 15 minutes. Add vinegar, stir, and cook until the vinegar has reduced completely. Remove from heat.
- While the onions are caramelizing, lay prosciutto flat on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and place in the oven. Bake until prosciutto is crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Spread fig jam on the bottom slices of the bagels and top with 2 ounces of brie each. Place both halves of bagels on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake until cheese is melted and bagels are toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Place a slice of prosciutto on top of the melted brie and follow with the caramelized onions and arugula. Top with the remaining bagel slices and serve.