Megan's Gluten Free Cheesecake Cupcakes – New Face of Gluten Free Winner
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 8 oz packages of softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of Sugar
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the 1/4 stick of butter for the 'crust' of the cupcake. When the butter is melted stir in the almond meal, you should end up with a nice consistency.
- Place a small amount in the bottom of your cupcake liner and pat down to form the crust.
- For the cheesecake filling, in a stand mixer, add the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla to the bowl and mix on medium speed until the mixture is smooth. When the filling is nice and smooth fill the cupcake liners almost to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes. Cool on the counter then chill overnight for an awesome treat. You can top these with your favorite fruit topping or just some simple whipped cream.
Megan is one of Udi's New Face of Gluten Free Grand Prize Winners. This was her inspiration for these delicious cheesecake cupcakes:
This is a very easy to make wonderful gluten free treat! Traditionally in my circle of friends, if you have a birthday I will make you a dessert of your choosing. This was the first birthday since I gave up gluten and this particular friend requested cheesecake . I thought about it for a bit and decided to make my version with an almond meal and butter crust instead of graham cracker. That way I could share in the birthday celebration too! I also decided to make these a mini version in a cupcake pan. I wanted to make this recipe very simple and use a minimal amount of ingredients. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!