Roasted Beet Salad with Garlic Butter Croutons
- 6 medium beets with greens attached
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tablespoon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices Udi’s White Sandwich bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2.5 ounces baby kale
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Trim beets and wash well, remove stems and roots, setting beet leaves aside. Wrap each beet in foil and place on baking sheet. Roast beets until tender, about 50 minutes. Remove from foil and allow to cool. Gently rub off skin. Cut beets into wedges, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter in large nonstick skillet, until butter begins to foam. Add Udi’s White Sandwich bread and cook until golden brown and crisp, adding chopped garlic halfway through cooking, about 5 minutes. Transfer breadcrumbs to baking sheet to cool.
- Wash beet greens, remove thick, red stems, and tear into large pieces. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil until shimmering. Add beet greens and baby kale, cook, turning frequently until just beginning to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper in small bowl. In a large bowl, toss wilted greens and beets with vinaigrette. Transfer to large serving platter and top with breadcrumbs. Serve.