Shrimp Scampi French Bread Pizza
Recipe courtesy of Silvana NardoneFor the cheese spread:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound medium shrimp—shelled, deveined and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup gluten-free rice cereal crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white wine or water
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- One package Udi’s Gluten Free French Baguettes, defrosted and halved lengthwise
- Olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- Make the cheese spread: In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella, Parmesan, ricotta, garlic, butter and salt.
- Make the shrimp topping: Preheat the oven to 400º and lightly grease a baking sheet. In a large bowl, mix together the chopped shrimp, garlic, mayonnaise, rice cereal crumbs, white wine, crushed red pepper, parsley, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Spread the cheese mixture on each baguette half, cut-side up. Top with the shrimp mixture. Drizzle generously with olive oil and bake, uncovered, until golden and the shrimp is cooked through, about 15 minutes.