Smoked Meatballs Wrapped in Bacon
2 Slices Udi’s Sandwich White Bread
1/4 cup milk
1 lb meatloaf mix (ground veal, pork and beef)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 lb bacon
1/2 cup paprika
2 tablespoons Kosher (coarse) salt
1/4 cup black pepper, coarsely ground
3 tablespoons basil, dried
3 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons oregano, dried
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
1. Soak crumbled Udi’s bread in milk.
2. Mix remaining ingredients (except Cajun Rub) together in a large bowl until well blended. Add Udi’s Bread mix, mix well.
3. Form a golf ball sized meatballs
4. Lay the meatball onto a half strip of bacon and roll the meatball with the bacon strip around it. Push a toothpick through the end of the bacon and into the center of the meatball to hold everything in place.
5. Liberally sprinkle Cajun Rub over meatballs. Place meatballs directly on smoker grate for 3 hours or until center of meatballs have reached 160 degrees F. Your favorite BBQ sauce can be brushed on the last 30 minutes of smoking if desired. Serve immediately.