Snickerdoodle Cranberry Cream Cheese Tarts
Makes 6 individual tarts
- 2 (8-ounce) packages Udi’s Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) boxes cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) bag frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl of a food processor fitted with blade, pulse cookies until finely ground. With motor running, pour in melted butter and pulse until combined. Divide cookie crumbs between 6 (4-5 inch) tart pans. Using fingers, press crumbs up sides and on bottom of pan. Pierce tarts with fork then bake until deep golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- In large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk, blend cream cheese, powdered sugar and cinnamon until fluffy, set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine granulated sugar, cranberries and 2 tablespoons water. Simmer until cranberries just begin to pop, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pomegranate seeds. Set aside to cool.
- Gently remove tart crusts from pans. Fill cooled tart shells with cream cheese mixture and top with cranberry/pomegranate mixture. Serve.