Udi’s Gluten Free Cranberry Walnut Stuffing
Recipe created by Stephanie Clairmont, MHSc, RD at The Clairmont Digestive Clinic courtesy of Udi’s Gluten-Free
Even if you’re eating gluten free, Udi’s lets you savour one of the classic Holiday flavours -- a deliciously decadent stuffing. Accented with seasonal cranberries, fresh sage and crunchy walnuts, Udi’s signature recipe will leave you and your family coming back for more.
- olive oil to coat casserole dish
- juice of ½ orange
- ½ cup water (125 ml)
- 2 cups whole cranberries, fresh or frozen (500 ml)
- 1 loaf Udi’s Gluten-Free Millet-Chia Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ½ cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable stock (375 ml)
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced small
- ½ cup onion, diced small (125 ml)
- ¼ cup walnut pieces (50 ml)
- 10 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp. dried (10 ml)
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried (10 ml)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, for drizzling (30ml)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly coat a large casserole dish with a little olive oil.
- In a small sauce pan combine the orange juice and water and bring to a boil. Stir in the cranberries and simmer over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened. Set aside.
- Place the Udi’s Millet-Chia Bread cubes in a large bowl. Add the cranberries and 2 Tbsp. (60 ml) of the liquid they simmered in, stock (chicken or vegetable), celery, onion, walnuts, sage, thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently to combine and transfer to the prepared casserole.
- Drizzle the olive oil over and bake for about 30 minutes or until heated through and golden and crispy on top.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a low oven until ready to serve.